Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Valentine's day and Shar's birthday (Feb 14)


So, what's a holiday if you can't dress up? Gotta say, I think they looked pretty stinkin' cute! We actually celebrated V-day the 13th, because that's when both Lorynne and Kaitlin had parties at school. I was in charge of Lorynne's party and it turned out so fun! (not that I'm taking credit, because I pretty much just made assignments!) The kids played a couple balloon games, "Don't Eat Pete (Cupid)," and decorated sugar cookies. One of the moms also brought "love potion" (kool aid) and after the kids had love potion they were ready to play "Baby, I love you but I just can't smile!" I was a little worried at how that would go (aren't they a little young for that game!?!?) but they were SOOO cute and I guess it really wasn't a big deal, the girls only chose girls and the boys only chose boys... pretty much. Lorynne couldn't keep a straight face for a second, but some of those kids could get through the phrase over and over without even cracking a smile! What little actors! It was a lot of fun. I really love being able to be at Lorynne's school as much as I can, and am glad that she loves having me there!
As for Kaitlin's party... I don't really know much about it, other than that it "was the best day of preschool EVER" according to Katie! Moms weren't invited to her party, but I think she had a lot of fun. I had to laugh because a couple days after Valentine's day I found all the valentines for her friends that we put together the night before. When I asked her about it she said she just forgot to take them to her friends, but they didn't mind. They still all gave her a valentine! That girl. Knowing my Katie, she probably just kept them on purpose to have more treats!! :-)

Lorynne wanted a picture with just Kaitlin. They are such good friends, I love that they're so close. This past week Lorynne was grounded, but Kaitlin got to go to a friends house. All day that Kaitlin was gone Lorynne kept telling us how she really missed Kaitlin, and when would she be home! They're learning early that friends come and go, but sisters are friends forever!
Hope they remember that when they're teenagers...
This would be Puppy, Mason's best friend. I'm not sure I mind if he doesn't continue a lifelong friendship with Puppy, but for now it's quite endearing! He LOVES this dog. He is never too far away, and one of Mason's most frequent questions is, "Where go, Puppy?"

These are MY best friends! It only took us like, 5 tries to get all of us in the picture, and that was without Cami! (she was already in bed!) I guess that means we either have too many people in our family! No, I wouldn't trade one of them! This is my birthday cake... YUM!! I LOVE cheesecake factory cheesecake, and last year Bri had one sent to me from the factory itself. It was really super sweet of him, but it cost us like, $50! Shortly after that I found Cheesecake Factory cheesecakes at Sam's for about 1/5 of the price, so that's what we did this year and guess what? It tastes the same! But, last year's scenario just goes to show how good my husband is to me. He spoils me even when I don't deserve to be spoiled, and loves me no matter what. I don't tell him often enough how lucky I am to have him in my life, but I really am, and I love you so much, Bri! Thanks for all you do for me and our family every day and thanks for making my birthday extra special! For my birthday I got an elliptical (because I told him I wanted to be skinny for my birthday, so he got it for me a couple weeks early!) and a shopping spree to find some clothes that actually fit me! We didn't have much time to go shopping before going to dinner and a movie, but we found some cute shirts and had a good time shopping without (most of) the kids... we brought Cami with us! Thanks Christine and Dustin for babysitting!!

4 comments:

Edge Graphics (E.G.O.) said...

ah the cheesecake looks delisshhh!

your family is so good lookin! i love reading your blog.

Sean and Abby said...

sorry ^ that was me, Abby...I don't know why but Sean was signed in as his business...

oops

The Brueckner's said...

anything for you guys! Love the new post.

Anonymous said...

you seriously have the cutest family ever!! that cake looks declicious!!